- Comparative characteristics of materials
- What better ceiling drywall or tension
- Which is cheaper - the tension cloth or plasterboard
- What is more beautiful - the drywall or suspended ceiling
- Care for ceiling
- which is easier, brand ceiling mount or create tensile structures
- combined ceiling
- Conclusion: it is better to plasterboard or suspended ceiling
For repairs in the apartment or the house itself require cash outlay. But, increasingly required to make a choice in a vast range of materials. This also applies to the ceiling. After all, extreme degree of overlap will leave an uneven ceiling and gray. The room at the same time looks groomed, dark, without the presence of coziness and comfort. This article lists the advantages and disadvantages of the ceiling drywall and tension structures. Each material has its own characteristics.
Comparative characteristics of materials
To solve, a ceiling is better - a tension or suspended, compare their main parameters. We shall start from the financial opportunities, as well as the shape and size of the room. For a correct choice of the tension ceiling or drywall should initially be familiar with the peculiarities of each species. Learn about the shortcomings, and to compare pricing.
- design. The ceiling creates the overall atmosphere in the room. It must integrate harmoniously with the general background, complementing the interior, creating warmth and comfort.
- installation. One of the important points, that need to pay attention. Installing ceiling plasterboard It is fundamentally different from the tension.
- Exploitation, for ceilings care. When you select should be guided not only of price policy and the creation of appearance, but think, how to care for it in the future.
- Heat-, sound insulation. It is of great importance, if the top has noisy neighbors. Or a private house with non-insulated roof.
- Drinking humidity. It is necessary to pay attention to this factor, if you plan the ceiling in the bathroom to do, attic, the balcony.
- cost of. One of the important factors.
- Loss centimeters height. It depends not only on the curvature of the rough ceiling. When installing the drywall to the metal frame of the profiles, It lost about 10 cm.
- Recessed luminaires. In this matter, there is no problem. Because plasterboard ceilings are built almost all the lighting fixtures: Spotlights, LED light strip.
- Corruption ceiling from mechanical influences. Tensioning the web can be torn from the permutated furniture (if you touch the canvas), if a child threw a plastic toy area. Plasterboard coating in such cases scratched.
- lit, does not burn. Both types are off, but in case of fire will be corrupted.
After examining these items, you can safely proceed to the purchase of materials to the ceiling, which is best suited to the design of the room and the general background.
What better ceiling drywall or tension
Before making a choice of the ceiling, should assess the premises. This applies to square meters (big-small, high walls - standard), humidity (increased the percentage of humidity, temperature difference, Whether cold room). Bathrooms, in the toilet, the kitchen should be used drywall only certain brands - moisture-resistant gypsum plasterboard (green color). In this suspended ceiling is not changed at a constant exposure to moisture at him.
In new buildings, there is shrinkage. From this on the walls, cracks occur in the corners. If you make installation of drywall not adopted technology, then the new GCR-product will also crack. When mounting the tension of the material need not apply reinforcing materials and clearly defined rules.
The comparative table shows a brief description of both of the coating:
|Amount of time for installation material 20sq.m||2 o'clock||To five days (taken into account the complexity of the design)|
|Humidity resistance||Yes||Only the use of a certain type of GCR - moisture-resistant. In other cases, HA sheets are not moisture resistant|
|Spring 1 m||0,3 kg||To 10 kg depending on the sheet thickness|
|Useful life||To 20 years old||To 20 years old (KNAUF)|
|Painting and other finishing||Not||Through 3-5 years required staining|
|The possibility of wet cleaning||Yes (some materials when wet cleaning morschatsya, which negatively affects the appearance of)||Yes (depending on the fabric: wallpaper, paint, film)|
|Loss of height of the room||5 cm||10 cm and more (depending on the design)|
|Possibility to hide communications||Yes||Yes|
|Create multi-level ceilings||Yes||Yes|
|price||from 350 rub. for quarter. m||from 1200 rub. square meters of.|
Which is cheaper - the tension cloth or plasterboard
The price depends on the choice of material and design.
drywall constructions much cheaper, if its installation Tutor, without the involvement of teams of workers. But, thus it is necessary to fulfill all the rules, as well as to follow the precise algorithm works.
But when the price includes all stages of work:
• Profile GCR and related materials;
• Fillers, paint.
That increases the cost considerably and depends upon the quality of the selected material.
Stretched canvas itself is practically impossible to establish (unless the landlord is not a master system). If we compare the work of masters crews, then the installation of the two materials is almost the same. The difference is only in the selected material.
What is more beautiful - the drywall or suspended ceiling
Both options are very popular. Its aesthetics and eccentricity affect both species.
Tensioner option It is made from a variety of colors, as well as the printing of all kinds of drawings. In this case the gypsum surface is glued tape, wallpapered or painted.
Plasterboard ceilings have a variety of options: sibling, multi-level, with curly design elements - Butterfly, wave, smooth transition figure product on a wall.
Care for ceiling
Weekly care of tension and plasterboard ceiling is different. If a special tool is required for tensioning cover, polish, the clean gypsum based fabric (wallpaper, paint). You can not wash the ceiling abrasives, and brushes. Some types of products can not be washed with water: This applies to stretched canvas, and the surfacing material on the ceiling plasterboard.
which is easier, brand ceiling mount or create tensile structures
This is one of the main issues when choosing the ceiling. There is one caveat: to perform high-quality work with a stretch ceiling should hire a team of craftsmen, in which there is equipment. When installing gypsum product yourself requires a clear sketch, the accuracy and precision.
Gypsum ceiling possible to easily set their own hands. Especially if he has simple single-level option with spotlights. One big negative - a lot of debris and dust. By the time it may take up to three days. Straining the ceiling set for the dust 3-4 o'clock.
The decision by the, What better ceiling drywall or tension installation, should be taken, based on the time, Dedicated to repair. Interesting idea use diode backlight Stretch Ceilings.
If you face a choice, it is better to drywall or tension PVC Ceiling, suggested to stay on the combined embodiment. It looks more original and modern. Basically are interesting options boxes made of plasterboard, and in the center of the canvas is stretched. When adding the additional and main lighting, ceiling becomes unique, while in the room creates a cozy, comfortable and warm atmosphere. Installation of suspended ceilings is carried out in such a way, that is visually difficult to understand, how to set up the ceiling.
Advantages of composite structure:
- Boxes of plasterboard are produced from the different shape of the quadrilateral to unimaginable intricate shapes. Tensioning the canvas in the center of the ceiling makes smart, "Rich".
- combined ceiling It combines several options for backlighting and general lighting.
- The combination of PVC and drywall can be executed in such a way, that one room is divided into relaxation area and reception, in place for indoor plants with specific lighting and a place to watch TV.
- Box of drywall on the ceiling hides electrical wires, Internet cables.
- With proper care, Combined ceiling has a shelf life of up to 15 years old.
Some disadvantages of the ceiling:
- Ceiling height is reduced by at least 10 cm.
- Pricing policy can act as a drawback (expensive).
- Sudden changes in temperature can adversely affect the entire structure.
When properly conducted the installation of combined ceiling, hidden 10-12 cm will be invisible, since such a design must visually enhance and brighten the room. And when the rules of operation the shelf life can be increased to uncertainty.
Conclusion: it is better to plasterboard or suspended ceiling
Based on all the above, you can make a small conclusion on the issue, what is the ceiling set.
Stretch ceiling current:
- In a room with a small wall heights;
- It does not affect much of the family budget (payment of workers);
- There is a possibility of the flood;
- There are time limits for repairs;
Gypsum ceiling set:
- With a limited allocation of funds;
- There is a time for repairs;
- To hide the hood or many wires;
- There is a desire to make a complex design of the ceiling plasterboard, that goes to the wall: shaped elements, box, emphasizing the design objects (let's, curly partition - the same figures on the ceiling, arched ceiling);
- The height of the room allows you to create multi-level design.
As tension, and plasterboard ceiling have their exquisite design, unique beauty. How to choose the ceiling - an individual matter, because this question is influenced by many factors. Excellent design solution is a device Combined ceiling with lighting.