Today, manufacturers have filled the market with different materials, which are used as floor covering. Great choice complicates the choice of floor covering. Many wonder: cork flooring or laminate - it is better to choose? To make the right choice, you need to carefully consider the advantages and disadvantages of materials. On the basis of the information received can do the analysis and find out, it is better to use in a particular room of the house.
A cork floor has such advantages:
- environmental friendliness;
- pleasant to the touch;
- ease of installation;
- the ability to use not only for finishing the floor, but the walls.
Of course, cork is environmentally friendly material. Material made of suberin. For production use crust layer, which is specially grown for this purpose. In the production of raw materials be dried, crushing and pressing. Cork soft to the touch. Thereby, cork flooring in the nursery are the ideal solution. Besides, material can be used in the bedroom and other areas of the house.
Cork flooring warm. Because of this on it very pleasant to walk. If we talk about the resilience, then the material will not deform under the weight of overall goods. Of course, this occurs only at short contact. As for the mounting material, it can be easily done with their own hands. Plates have a locking mechanism. It fits easily fit, even using ordinary scissors. And even though it, that the top coat of varnish has high strength.
Choosing cork floor in different rooms
Of course, as well as other materials, cork has some disadvantages. What are the disadvantages of cork flooring:
- The first disadvantage is the susceptibility to mechanical damage of the material. As a result of incorrect mounting plate or mechanical impacts may break in. Hide such a defect is almost impossible. In place of the fracture material darkens and begins to crumble. The only way - to replace the entire sheet.
- High moisture vpitaemost. Given this lack of, plug is not desirable to install in the bathroom, where there is high humidity. When wet material loses its strength and begins to break down. And this means, that cork flooring for the kitchen and bathroom are not the best option.
- price. The cost of traffic jams is at a very high level. This is because the, that a material made of natural raw materials, which is very hard to get. Also, the cost of traffic jams affect her class and quality production.
It is now known main advantages and disadvantages of cork coating. So, you can easily solve the problem, how to choose a cork floor for apartments. It remains only to consider the specifications of the laminate. Putting all information, will be available, it is better for the finishing of a room in the house: cork flooring or laminate.
In the construction market are different types of cork flooring. Each of these types has its own characteristics. so, cork flooring types:
- liquid coating. The material is applied as a lacquer coating. After drying, acquires the properties of a conventional cork. floor shade can be changed using a conventional ink.
- sprayed coatings. Applied by a compressor or gun. The thickness of the sprayed layer is not more than 6 mm. As the reviews of cork floors in the apartment, this method of installation is very simple and accessible.
- adhesive coating. Plates are fastened together with special glue.
- locking cover. Mounted on the laminate type. Bonding is carried out using special locks.
- technical coverage. Often used as a substrate for the base coat.
With such information, you can choose cork flooring, which perfectly meet your needs and wishes.
Today the market offers a wide range of laminate, which can be used for the flooring in the house. For its production using different raw materials. But, to assess the relevance of its use for the finishing of a room, you must carefully consider the pros and cons.
By laminate advantages include:
- The unique shape, which greatly simplifies the installation of. Mount the floor of this material is very simple. Each board has the same dimensions. To lay the flooring, you need to properly mount the first strip of laminate. When buying pay special attention to the quality of the locking system. Any deformation in this area will bring difficulties during installation.
- Water resistance. Laminate flooring can withstand humidity. Of course, not worth checking out is the quality of practice. Experts recommend carefully behave with flooring. To finish the bathroom and the kitchen, you can use water-resistant material, which during production subjected to special treatment.
- heat resistance. The laminate is capable of withstanding a short-term effect of high temperatures. So, if it falls match or put iron, then it does not remain a trace. When using the "warm floors" of the system is greatly improved thermal stability of the material.
- Resistance to mechanical damage. Compared with stopper, laminate is able to withstand pressure from heels. With regard to severe stress, the possible occurrence of deformation.
- Antistatichnosty. Due to this property of the floor covering will not attract dust.
- Resistance to fading and dirt. Even under the influence of direct sunlight laminate retains its color. Stains are not absorbed, which greatly simplifies floor cleaning.
Thanks to these numerous advantages, laminate is widely used for the flooring in the living room, bedroom and even the kitchen. But, like a cork, such floor covering has some disadvantages. These include:
- the risk of purchasing low quality fakes;
Today, many manufacturers supply to the market a wide range of laminate. Unfortunately, Not all companies are producing high-quality material. Besides, there are some manufacturers, that issue low-quality laminate products for well-known companies. As for the cost of laminate, it depends on many factors.
What to choose: cork or laminate? As seen, laminate and cork somewhat similar to each other. This is especially true aesthetics and ease of installation. But, if specifications, which is isolated from the other material, especially when it comes to finishing a certain space. So, laminate can be used for the flooring in the bathroom. The plug also may collapse when wet.
Due to slug coating the interior can vary considerably.
When choosing a floor covering should take into account characteristics of the premises. With this you can choose the best option. As for the cost, sometimes it is better to put some more, than you bargained for, and receive high quality and durable floor coating. Laminate and cork have a small difference in price. Therefore, when choosing the material you must first consider the purpose of the premises.
Video for choosing cork floor for a room