A detailed collection of tips on arrangement of bathroom. Recommendations for installing and connecting bathroom. Various options and advice on the restoration of cast iron and acrylic bathtubs.
Variants of decoration materials for bathrooms
Every day a person starts with a visit to the bathroom, and want, to design this room, its color and the overall style is always pleasing to the eye and positive charged for the whole day. That is why, the repair of the bathroom, should pay special attention to the decoration. It is necessary to choose the right not only to the color palette of the room, but also to choose the materials themselves, which will create favorable conditions.
Prepare surfaces for finishing
Before proceeding to the finishing floor, walls and ceiling in the bathroom, necessary to prepare the surface for this. Regardless of, what material will be chosen in the future, surface preparation is virtually the same in all cases.
floor preparation. means bringing the surface of the floor to steady state. On the floor can lay linoleum, laminate or tile: anyway, appearance under the coating should be as smooth. Any bumps lead to incorrect laying tiles or linoleum; cracks and pores at the surface will contribute mold under the influence of moisture, and means for applying complicate the paving.
To bring the floor surface in proper condition for finishing, you must perform a concrete screed. For this purpose from old floor coverings purified, glue residues and other substances. Clean all dust and dirt, and then used primer.
After, Pour the prepared primed surface screed and leveled. After drying is performed waterproofing.
Preparing walls. The walls also need to bring to the evenness. For this, remove the old coating and operate plastering walls. Further, all depends on the fabric: if you select tiles - in walls make small Zaruba for better adhesion to the tile adhesive. If selected drywall, it may not even have to be plastered surface, since the material is mounted directly on the metal profiles, that simply fixed on the wall. If the walls will be painted, they must be carefully putty, to paint exactly lay on the surface.
Preparing the ceiling. Most often, the ceiling in the bathroom just shpaklyuyut and inked. It will also need to remove the old layer of putty, sanding the surface and its proshpaklevat. Then again, sanding before the disappearance of mounds and unwanted defects. The final stage will cover the ceiling paint.
preparatory stages of surfaces, do not forget to cover them with a primer for additional waterproofness and further coupling with materials.
For many years the most popular material for floor tiles can be considered in the bathroom. However, with the advent of new technologies, significantly expanded choice for the flooring material. Today is also common linoleum, a natural stone, laminate and vinyl floor.
- Tile. This material has earned its recognition is not only a huge choice of colors and patterns, but also the reliability and durability. qualitative, correctly laid tile flooring - granite, can last more 20 years old. The main advantages of floor tiles - its water resistance, simple operation, anti-slip properties. Caring for tiles is very simple - it can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
Outs on the floor tiling is its low thermal conductivity. But this problem is solved by the installation underfloor heating or by using the mat for the bathroom.
- Linoleum. Enough common material floor finishes, due to their budgetary. Linoleum It is not a reliable coating for areas with high humidity. If the coating was laid incorrectly, there is a risk of moisture penetration under the linoleum, thereby forming a moisture and odor. That it has not occurred, during installation you must use only high-quality adhesives and materials for installation.
Disadvantages of this material is its slippery surface, as well as the ability to easily under the weight. In particular, in the wrong place, where the bathtub will be installed, her legs, and significantly damage the cover selling.
- A natural stone. Such material is used for finishing a luxury bathrooms, because it is costly. More often, in marble is used as a natural stone. He is hard-wearing and durable, and has incomparable beauty. After contact with water stone, Marble does not slide, and this is attractive for floors in the bathroom.
The main drawback of this coating - its high cost.
- Laminate. Lately, wooden surfaces fans began to apply waterproof laminate for the flooring in the bathroom. Such a material is suitable, if in the bathroom there is a certain design and idea, involving the use of wooden objects. The cost of laminate flooring has a wide price range, that allows you to make a choice, even with a small budget, dedicated to repair. The laminate has good thermal insulation, and feet in the bathroom will never be cold.
Do not forget, it is necessary to use a special laminate during laying cork or polypropylene substrate, to laminate does not slide on the screed surface.
Many experts still called inappropriate use of laminate flooring in the bathroom due to the permanent location of the moisture in the room. Drops of water may seep into the joints between the segments, and coating may become defective.
- self-leveling floor. It involves the use of different graphic patterns volume. Such floor looks quite original, and small children are delighted and they are happy to run to take water treatments. Poured floors have the high performance, whereby serve more 15 years old. Such a floor is monolithic, and therefore waterproof. Inside the self-leveling floor can be built a system of warm floors. Select Picture depends on personal preference, However, preparatory work may take about a month.
The downside of this coating is its expensiveness, long-term manufacturing and correct preparation of the substrate.
- vinyl floor. Is a product made of vinyl, most often it is the plate or coil coatings. Manufacture of special layer is applied to the surface coatings of vinyl, kotoryypozvolyaet tiles serve for many years do not burn and do not wear out. It fits a covering on the adhesive compositions, special fasteners or certain base.
Vinyl flooring does not deform under load, and is also resistant to mildew and fungus. It is not recommended to use a rolled vinyl floor because of possible complications to be replaced.
- Wooden floor. As known, Wood - an environmentally friendly material, which has a high heat transfer and creates a cosiness and comfort in the room. Such a floor covering requires attachment to previously installed wooden slats. The downside is the high cost of natural materials, as well as the potential risk absorbing moisture. To avoid this, choose the most moisture-resistant wood.
Materials for decorative wall finishing
When choosing surfacing material for walls it should be remembered, that the bathroom should not only be visually appealing, but also to fulfill its primary function load. On the walls, probably, They will be placed cabinets and mirror, Wall lights, polotencesušitelʹ. The most popular and suitable finishing materials for walls can be called:
- tiling. Tile resists humidity, because it is composed of clay. Tiles on the wall quite easy to clean from pollution, thanks to its smooth surface. A variety of options and designs to select glazed, embossed or matte tile for walls.
Before the start tile works, walls mark out. Begin to lay the tiles from the bottom up. Plitochki placed between individual crosses the dividing, as well as special wedges used, to customize the tiles under one surface. after laying, tile joints are filled with special antifungal grouts. To decorate the bathroom, You can use a decorative frieze.
- The use of mosaic. This material is manufactured from glass, stone or ceramics. Mosaic is a small square articles, to come together and create a beautiful mural or design. Mosaic was popular even with the most time immemorial. She decorated the palaces, churches and cathedrals. laying of mosaic work is considered very painstaking, but the result exceeds all expectations.
mosaic advantage is the possibility of its application, even on uneven surfaces. Mosaics can be laid on the wall projections, slopes and rounded surface. The downside is considered the high cost of materials and work, as well as a low probability of self-stacking material.
- Using drywall. Such material is used nor how many for walls, as for the preparation of a smooth base for finishing. Choose the best drywall for bathroom moisture resistant, in our country, it is distinguished by a characteristic green color. On the surface of the wall mounted metal profiles lengthwise and crosswise, thus bonding them together with special compounds. Each profile is fixed to the wall with the help of metal fastening screws.
After creating the metal frame, screwed drywall. Slicing it, You will need a sharp knife construction. It is necessary to measure the desired length and width of the piece of material, and draw a line on it. Along these lines carry a knife several times, then a little fracture of the cutting line, and dorezat knife leftover cardboard.
Mounted drywall is sealed serpyanku on joints, after which all the cracks and cap screws zashpaklevyvayutsya. Next, cover the entire surface putty cardboard-gypsum sheets. dried putty sanded until the disappearance of mounds and pits. The final step is to apply a finish latex paint the desired color in several layers.
- Plastic panel trim. Gaining popularity PVC panels because of its low cost and ease of installation. Colors and patterns allow you to choose the panel to any bathroom design. Such panels do not aggravate the wall and easy to care for: they can be washed with a damp cloth.
If the wall surface is flat, the panels can be glued directly on it, using liquid nails or sealant. If the surface is deformed, the frame is made to start. It can be metal or wood. Fastening panels to the frame by means of a special construction and staple gun. A disadvantage of such material is its low strength. Upon impact with a heavy object on the wall - any damage.
- Wallpaper and paint for walls. Very rarely used wallpaper in the bathroom. This option is not expensive, but, is not practical. Of course, among modern wallpaper can be distinguished moisture repellent and washable wallpaper. Yet the use of such material in the bathroom does not make sense.
Colorful materials also have a low cost and speed of execution of work. The paint should be chosen only vodostoykuyu.
- Decorating the walls with natural stone. This finishing method is good if there is a financial opportunity, because the natural stone the entire surface of the walls will cost a round sum. Among the most popular materials release slate, marble, quartz and granite. Stone cladding is made slowly and carefully. It is important to observe the technology of masonry, as the stone - heavy enough weight material.
Move wisely to the choice of finishing materials, understand all the pros and cons, before choosing the finish, and then the bathroom will delight the eye with their beauty and practicality.