Ceramic tile on a wood floor is the ideal solution in a very humid environment, eg, in such, as the bathroom or kitchen. But what to do, if the base - wooden floor, and, moreover, it is not mounted on a reinforced concrete slab? But, as practice shows, possibly, but then can you put the tiles on gypsum fiber board or OSB plywood. And the answer is simple and clear positive, because these materials have a high technical performance.
The technical considerations laying tiles on a wooden floor is not desirable or feasible. The wooden floor is prone to permanent deformation during its lifetime. Each board can perform with respect to the neighboring small movements, leading to cracking of the adhesive layer and deterioration of the ceramic coating. In this article, we will consider, how to lay tile on gypsum fiber board and plywood, and at the same time, the coating is durable and reliable.
Tree, as a natural material, tends to a constant expansion and contraction. While this is happening in all directions. In addition, it is prone to rotting and debates, leading to its destruction during the operation with a lack of ventilation and constantly humid environments. But even these factors do not confuse people the urge to put ceramic tiles on wooden base. But then, on this floor, at all, nothing is impossible to put a waterproof. But do not despair, because the ceramic tiles on the plywood can be laid, Similarly,, as reinforced concrete foundation, if you follow the technology and prepare the surface properly. Today, there are several ways to tile laying on the wooden floor. But the most common is the laying of tiles on the floor or GVL tiling on OSB. Because these two materials have excellent strength and elasticity parameters. But before you lay tile, should be familiar with the correct surface alignment technology.
Today, a variety of technologies known tile laying on the wooden floor, each of which has its pluses and minuses. Although, laying process in any case identical and standards, thinly smeared adhesive composition notched trowel and level tile glued to it. Preparation of the wooden floor under the tile can be done in two ways:
But no matter, in what way is leveled surface for tile installation, during the preparation, there are common operations. These include:
- Careful diagnosis and examination of existing floor and all elements (boards, lies, substrate, etc.). When detecting suspicious floor components need to be replaced. After replacing all the wooden elements should be thoroughly antiseptic process in prevent mold, fungi, but, Consequently, and destruction of the wood structure.
- Underground space is recommended to insulate, but it should be done so, to itself under the boards subfloor remained air gap of several centimeters. Wood in the course of its life must be well ventilated through-air duct. As the insulation is better to use glass fiber material, eg, mineral wool or glass wool. It is guaranteed not to zavedutsya parasites, rodents.
- Laying tiles on a wooden floor requires a well-ventilated base, so rough floorboards should be laid with a gap. If this is not done, then you need a special nasverlovka holes in the planks with a certain step in the entire area.
Everything, after all these manipulations rough base can be declared ready for further work.
Aligning the zero plane of the floor with the help of OSB plywood
Is it possible to lay tile on Osby? Can, but you must meet certain conditions. One of the most reliable ways of floor leveling for laying ceramic tiles on wooden base is plywood OSB. It is a slab of focused orientation and pressed sized chips. This material has sufficient strength and can withstand large bending load. There was widespread thick sheets 12 and 20 mm. By the plate advantages are primarily:
- high fire resistance. Plate impregnated with a special compound, that is poorly lit, and in the absence of catalyst generally not combustible.
- Plate OSB good water repellent. Due to a strong and solid impregnation moisture can not soak into the material, thereby saving it from the, what is under it. Ceramic Tile OSB will lie firmly and do not deform, that usually occurs on the surfaces of cushioning.
so. Go back to the technology that, how to put the tiles on the wooden floor in the bathroom. Laying slabs OSB can be carried out directly on the overlapping, but the distance between them should not exceed 50 cm. Plates can be placed not only on the joists and floors. In the case of careful treatment and prevention of full rough plank floor can be laid directly on the old board.
It is important to know, it is better to use already to lie down, but very sturdy floorboards, because they are less prone to shrinkage and deformation when the temperature and humidity.
At this stage the maximum alignment method podkladyvaniem plastic base substrates at necessary. As the floor leveling for fastening plates OSB It can be made in the field shingle, where it is required to raise the level. Plus,, a distance between the boards and the roughing plates will be as a passage for ventilation boards themselves, and sheets of OSB. In addition to advanced ventilation recommended nasverlit holes in evenly spaced boards. This condition can confidently answer the question, whether you can put tile on the OSB.
Technology tiling on OSB requires a solid foundation, however plates must be laid in two layers. Moreover each upper should overlap at bottom 50% shift in both directions. This arrangement sheets provide the required strength of the floor in all respects:
- It will be good to withstand point loads;
- base fine resist to exert a force over a wide area.
Dual-layer OSB plywood provide a solid surface for laying tiles, and thus will not impede the free movement of the subfloor boards.
Important to remember! To put the tiles on the quality OSB, it is necessary to provide the opportunity for thermal expansion. Therefore, between the sheets should deviate a certain distance (3-4 mm) to provide free opportunities plates change their geometric dimensions under the influence of temperature. This space is necessary to fill cushioning structure, for it is well suited sealant. Similarly, the distance should be retreat and from all perimeter walls.
After bonding plate screws can proceed to the process of mounting tile. But at the same time for laying tiles on the wooden floor need not simple cement-sand glue, a two-component adhesive, which upon hardening has a certain elasticity, that will provide a solid mounting ceramic on the floor of the OSB.
For greater reliability and durability of the wooden planks, surface before laying the tiles should be primed high penetration, and allow to dry well. video by tile laying on the floor.
floor alignment method of OSB plywood screed
If the required level the foundation of significant differences in the level, the above-described technology of tile laying on the wooden floor will be ideal. But ties have to perform live layer of waterproofing. As it can act ordinary polyethylene film thickness of not less than 150 m. To lay tiles on a wooden floor with high quality and under the base of the tie was no formation of mold, film must be laid overlapping at least 15 cm, followed by a mandatory sizing durable seams taped, as well as on the wall is necessary to make the same lap. The thickness of the screed must be between 2,5 to 3,5 cm. Less and is no longer recommended.
A thinner layer would be the weakest link in the structure, Bole is sufficiently thick cold.
Laying tiles on gypsum fiber board
Today are becoming increasingly popular GVL - gypsum boards with wood fiber as a filler. The resulting material has superior properties, than regular drywall:
- A more durable due to the reinforcement of the wood fibers structure. Also, the material becomes elastic, which is not the drywall.
- Through the use of the same natural materials, gypsum fiber is an environmentally friendly product.
- It is able to stand much longer in humid environments without changing its settings.
GOLS Plates or sheets are manufactured in two variations:
- Single sheets of thickness 12 mm, then laying them on the floor will need to use two layers of plates. Laying tiles on gypsum fiber board will provide you with a solid and reliable foundation for years to come.
- Double sheets with a shift of the lower, and along the edges to form a lock for a stronger joining elements together.
In the case of using the floor leveling gypsum fiber boards as substrates it is also recommended to use strips, cut from this material, attached to the floor with galvanized screws. Between the sheets is recommended, as is the case with plywood OSB, distance to leave 3 mm for temperature compensation. The gap is filled with sealant.
Laying tiles on gypsum fiber boards can be performed in a conventional tile adhesive. When this solution was spread thinly recommended toothed spatula across the surface. Each tile should be laid carefully vymeryat level, and between the tiles in the seam must be inserted all your favorite tic. After installation, tile grouting can be made of any fugue. Calculate the number of grouts online calculator.
Laying tiles on the prepared base is no different from the process on the concrete floor, therefore, begins with a markup. on the wooden floor tiles can be laid as smoothly, and diagonally, but first necessary to mark the initial position of the first line. After application of the graphic markings and the orientation pattern in the case of multi-colored tiles, all the tiles should try (laid over the entire area in accordance with figure), to pre-cut pieces and the necessary to make holes in the places where the pipe from the floor.
The adhesive solution is best applied to several tiles, This makes it much faster to carry out laying tile with simultaneous alignment.
Important to remember, that the tiles can be shifted from a place only in the first few minutes after placing, after this time under the effect of a violation will proiskhoditm already scrapie layer.
In addition, this manual contains videos, how to put the tiles on the wooden floor. Here is another technology laying tiles on the plywood decking. I read this article, everyone will be able to answer the question, whether it is possible to lay tiles on a wooden floor?