Tips for choosing a wooden and metal entrance doors. find out: how to choose a door, which door is better, Compare prices and manufacturers. Self-installation of doors inset hinges and locks. Tips and video instructions for quality installation of door units.
Tips for selecting and installing door
How to choose a door to the bathroom: materials overview, tips
In terms of the overall interior design of apartment, decided to install the same interior doors. but, such a room as a bathroom requires a special performance for the door, due to high humidity indicators. Some types of materials for the doors will not be able to resist the accumulation of condensate and permanent temperature drop. For, that served as a door for a long time, you need to know some of the features in the selection.
The basic requirements for the door to the bathroom
doors, that They will be installed in the bathroom, must not only conform to the interior of the bathroom and the adjacent room, but different number of properties:
- Improved water resistance. In the bathroom there is constant exposure to water the surrounding objects. Water droplets may accidentally get in the door leaf, and if it does not have resistance to moisture, Material begins to deteriorate: it may form bubbles in an exhaust cover, swell paint.
- Resistance to temperature changes. Thanks to, that from the hot water constantly comes perspiration, it can settle on the door, thus disrupting the integrity of not only the outer coating, but also penetrate into the deep pores. With such exposure can form and mold fungus, from which then very difficult to get rid. Besides, constant temperature change can cause damage to the door.
- Soundproofing. A good door should have increased insulation against noise, it may
depend on the thickness of the door leaf. agree, that sometimes the sound of water irritates, and if the door will be fine, then it can be heard even in the most remote from the bathroom.
- The presence of air. The door to the bathroom should be pierced several holes on its lower edge. This is done, so that during the adoption of water treatments, and using ventilation systems, air can circulate freely in space. If this point is not taken into account, in the bathroom will always be damp, even if after a bath you will open the door to airing.
As seen, requirements for the door to the bathroom is not a lot, but they are decisive when choosing the material for the next door. Read, how to choose a good door.
Types of doors materials
When choosing a product, the most attention is paid to its material, and then to pay attention to the door structure, the complexity of installation and decoration. Consider a few options for doors, presented today in stores:
- Door MDF. This type of door is characterized by its versatility, and midrange. If you dig deeper, MDF doors are medium density fiberboard, which consists of small wood shavings. Under the influence of high temperature and high press, chips is compressed and formed a kind of door leaf.
Today the doors from MDF presented in different color shades, imitating a wooden array: nut, cherry. Such doors can be decorated with glass inserts, but their presence is not required for the bathroom, because the bathroom more often set blind doors.
These doors are resistant to moisture, They are of low cost and strong enough. Of the minuses can be distinguished canvases ability to change size when exposed to heat;
- Solid wood doors as the basis for. Due to the, that of solid wood furniture, though the road in price, but popular, doors of this material is also found demand among consumers. The elegance of forms and exterior luxury - the basic components of a door.
But not only the outer appearance of the door is a plus, doors of this material are environmentally friendly, and the products have a decent view. Choice of doors made of wood striking range: oak, alder, Birch tree, larch, hazel - all of these materials are characterized by their relief and color;
- veneered doors. This door is made of cheaper wood - spruce and pine. Then, blade is sheathed more expensive types of wood - ash, oak or other types of. on top of it, door varnished, which adds to its water-resistant properties. The distinguishing feature of this type of doors - they have a small thickness, which facilitates the design of the door and the door makes accessible in price.
Despite the mixed nature of the material, veneered doors still retain the wood texture and look attractive, thus perfectly combined with the plumbing fixtures;
- laminated doors. Such doors are frame from pine boards, which are filled with cells made of cardboard. As a result of such a combination is formed sturdy construction. The lining acts as a scaffold material MDF, after which it is covered with a special laminating film. This film is made in different colors, that allows you to choose the door to any decor.
The film, in turn, can be paper, melaminovoy, dvuhromnoy. The first option in any case not suitable for the bathroom. Paper film does not have the necessary properties, So it is necessary for the bathroom. Therefore, you should choose laminatinovye door using dvuhromnoy film;
- Plastic Door. In this case, use metal doors, similar to those, that is mounted on the balcony. But do not believe, that the door must always be white. Also, such a door may be a sliding design, or be configured in the form of folding doors in order to save space. However, this solution is not appropriate: its unstable structure, there is a large gap, as well as the lack of reliable.
If we choose the plastic door for the bathroom, it is better to perform it as a door on rollers. To do this, set two guide rails: one on the floor, and the other on the ceiling. With this arrangement,, It should be a space for the door, when it will be in the open position;
- The glass doors to the bathroom. Glass door occupies a special niche in the choice of the bathroom door. This material is characterized by impact resistance, excellent water resistance, and most importantly stylish design. Glass doors can be installed in the door frame, or just on a loop right in the doorway. They can be decorated stained-glass window, painted, plated color film. Features glass door completely meet the requirements for the door to the bathroom.
Features installation of doors in the bathroom
If you decide to manually set the door to the bathroom, you must take into account some peculiarities and difficulties, that may arise during installation:
- Take into account the fact, that in a doorway near the bathrooms always provided a small nut, which protects the apartment from flooding. Concerning, the door will be installed, about 10 see above;
- Very often when building a house, the doorway to the bathroom and the toilet did much lower, the gaps in the other rooms. Before purchasing the door, pay attention to this factor;
- Typical toilet differs significantly thinner walls weeks other spaces. This criterion is necessary when choosing a door frame, because as usual box should be thicker than the wall on 1,5 cm.;
- Do not try to slice wooden door frames, if they are larger, than necessary. These cuts will be noticeable, even if they are close clypeus;
- For sealing cracks, experts recommend use assembly foam. but, keep in mind, the foam tends to swell, therefore should not impose too thick foam layer, otherwise the door frame can be deformed;
- selecting and installing doors in the bathroom, make sure that, to be conveniently opened. More often, in these areas the door opens outwards, because, as tub has a rather small area;
- Pick up not only attractive, but also reliable handles and locks for doors, because they will always work load;
- If next to the bathroom there is a kitchen, and opening the door impossible, the best option will be the door to the bathroom door coupe on the roller mechanism.
Selected doors must comply with the planned interior. find out could be improved by using sliding door interior.