Filing - sample from the surface of the upper layer parts. When filing Files used various kinds. They each have a notch on the working surface, by which the metal layer is removed. Files consist of:
- the body;
Files may have a different cross section, eg:
Purpose of different types of files
What is the purpose:
- Files of square cross section designed to handle rectangular surfaces.
- Files rectangular section are universal, they can be used to bring virtually any surface, including fitting.
- Files semicircular section used for processing the concave surface.
- Files with a triangular cross-section used for finishing holes, having a triangular cross section, and angles.
- Files with a round cross section are suitable for circular openings.
There are also special Files, which may have an oval, or rhomboid cross section in the shape of sword.
Forms and types of files
- With a single incision.
- With double notch.
The first filing to perform complex, due to the fact that it removes the metal layer in the form of chips.
same file, having a second cut chips grinds, turning it into sawdust.
The metal surface can be two ways opilivat:
Finish filing personal executed a file, having a length of 125-450 mm.
Rough filing bastard held a file, having the same length. After that, the treated surface is brought a fine file, having a length of 125-250 mm.
Work a file are also used for finishing various surfaces:
In addition, they can be used to give the metal parts required size and shape, process edge parts, etc.. P. To sawdust item correctly, filing carried crossover fashion:
- first file is moved from left to right;
- then from right to left.
To verify, how exactly sawdust detail, is applied to the surface of the part line or square. In that case, if a straight plane and there are no gaps, everything is correct.
Here is the purpose of a file. We hope, that our article has helped you.
Also see the video tutorial on filing metals: