Bathroom is a place in the house, which prevent the occurrence of moisture is almost impossible. While taking a shower, bathroom with steam fills up quickly, and due to the fact, that the room is usually small, it begins to accumulate on the walls of the condensate. Such surplus moisture in the future may lead to deterioration of furnish. Concerning, most consumers install an additional fan. Let us consider in detail, how to choose an inexpensive but reliable fan for apartments and other premises.
The principle of operation and the fan device
drawing design for the bathroom is a simple device: it consists of a fan and vent. Last connected to a common exhaust riser home, so that there is forced air circulation, and moisture gradually evaporates. Today, there are two types of internal fan device:
- Electric fan (plain). These products are equipped with a built-in or external switch. The user device includes independently, after which it begins its work. Very often such a fan is connected to the switch, and then when you turn on the light in the bathroom, also begins to work and the fan. Such a course of suitable energy savings, but, there is a high probability, that for the time, until you take a bath, all the moisture will not leave.
- automatic fan. Devices of this type are equipped with additional sensors. Automatic fan with humidity sensor itself will be included, I feel when excess moisture, itself off - the complete disappearance of the condensate. More modern models of automatic ventilators are equipped with a motion sensor: when a moving object fan comes into action. Also, this type of fan can include a timer setting function, and then the fan will operate only a specified amount of time.
Also in the present device, some fans check valve. This bonus is good for owners of apartments in high-rise buildings, because the work of the check valve allows foreign odors from neighboring apartments do not penetrate into the room.
Types of fans for bath
Exhaust fans have their own classification. They can be divided according to the type of installation and the type of work. Consider how best to apply for a fan bathroom. According to the method of mounting the fans are:
- Ceiling. This type of fan unit provides zakrepelenie ceiling. These fans are recommended for use in bathrooms with a large area, by virtue of, they do an excellent job with the circulation volume of air masses. They are easy to install and have a low cost
- wall. The most popular type of exhaust fans for today. Such a device is mounted on the wall in the hole, which leads to a duct. The majority of these overhead fans.
According to the internal structure and features of application, the fans are divided into:
- axial. In such constructions the fan wheel incorporated with cantilevered vanes, which is located in the cylindrical body. The wheel itself is located on the motor axis. When the fan rotates, air entrained blades and moved axially, but, radially moving masses offline.
At the entrance to the collector hood mounted, which improves the aerodynamics of the device. This type of fan powerful enough compared to other types of devices. Mounting the fan only on the wall. It is the most popular variant of fans today, although it is quite noisy.
- radial. In this fan design has a bladed wheel, which is located in a volute. When rotated, air masses fall between the blades, and followed in the radial direction in a casing, and then fall into the discharge port. The blades of such fans can be directed forward or backward. Centrifugal fans are easier to tolerate air load and run much quieter than axial structures.
- centrifugal. This model, which appeared a few decades ago and have gained popularity due to its simplicity and ease of use. These fans are called channel, they are used in those areas, where the area is greater than 15 m. This type of fan is mounted on the ceiling, why there is a hard and high-quality air duct. The ventilation system in this case is supposed to be running. The noise level in such models is quite low, Despite the high power.
- roof. These types of fans are installed on the roofs of high-rise buildings. In their structure they have an electric motor and automatic adjustment. Fan captures air from the room and displays it on the roof. This type of instrument has many advantages: power, low noise operation and the ability to be connected to the ventilation system, all premises. He easily bring all of the moisture from the bathroom. However, the roof fans expensive pleasure, representing the complexity of installation.
Do not forget, that the fan is not interior decoration, a serious element, allows you to display the moisture out of the room, Therefore, choosing the instrument, immediately identified with the inner product.
Pros and cons of exhaust fans
The majority of apartments provided house-ventilation can not cope fully with the circulation of air masses, it would be preferable to install an exhaust fan in the bathroom. The main advantages of such a device will:
- fans compactness allows you to install them even in the smallest bathroom.
- Most models are sold in a set with protective net, which in turn will help prevent insects and other foreign objects inside the structure.
- Motor unit does not require frequent maintenance and easily disassembled for further purification,
- Each fan may be equipped with additional functions: humidity sensors, and timers.
- Fans have a fairly low weight, and is typically made of plastic.
- Some models have a low noise level.
- Some types of products to save energy.
- Easy installation. Fan is able to establish even a novice.
There are also some disadvantages in the use of exhaust fans:
- Axial types of products have increased noise level.
- In case of incorrect installation, air can circulate properly.
- Radial models are not suitable for apartments.
Plus the use of exhaust fans for the bathroom much more, than minuses, because they are a great tool for air extraction and purification.
How to choose a fan for the bathroom?
Once the decision on the choice of fan made, must take into account the basic parameters, are worth paying attention to:
- Power. The more people live in an apartment, the more powerful the machine should choose. After all, if one evening shower will be a few people in a row, fan will have a long time to display the moisture.
- Bathroom area. If the room is large, a low-power device can not cope with such an amount of air circulation.
- Performance. Calculated from the two previous factors. The amount of space necessary to multiply the number of people, and then multiplied by another 2. This result should be compared with the characteristics in the instructions to the fan.
- security level. The instrument should be a special mark, that informs, that the product is well protected against ingress of water, as a result should not have any emergencies.
- Noise level. Popular axial fans do not differ low noise, therefore decide immediately, Are you willing to endure the loud sound, coming from the bathroom.
- economy. If the plan has a power saving point, should give preference to the device with the power control function works or forced shutdown.
- cost of. Of course, better to give preference to known, long-established brands, but, it is worth considering the fact, that such a model will be more expensive in price, than products little-known firms.
The high cost does not always speak about the reliability and functionality of the device. Before you choose a fan, examine all proposals and compare their characteristics. We recommend that you read the advice how to arrange the ventilation in the room.
Terms of independent fan installation
Installation of the exhaust fan is quite simple. This requires such tools and materials, as: Bulgarian, drill, screws, indicator and ordinary screwdriver, terminal connector, power cable.
In the case of an independent device connectivity, necessary to lay a line from the junction box to the fan switch, and then to the device. If the wiring diagram of the chosen model has features, they are always listed in the instructions.
Step by step installation of the fan is as follows:
- Measuring instrument and vent pipe diameter. The maximum adjustment of the size of the effective operation of the device will.
- Laying the power supply line to the fan and its connection.
- Removal of the ventilation grille and the fan in the planting hole channel using the recommended materials: glue, fasteners.
- Sets grid and lattice, its fixation with self-tapping screws or silicone.
- Check the fan performance.
With self-fan connection, Observe electrical safety rules. Do not forget to turn off the electricity when laying lines from the device to the switch. Use only terminal blocks for connecting wires, it is convenient and safe.