Often the question arises, than reinforced seams in drywall construction? There are various types of reinforcing tapes for GCR joints. Each tape carries out certain functions and has a degree of reliability. We will understand better use serpyanku or paper tape from Kurt Knauf. We find out what that need tape with metal inserts and how to mount. On-chosen video, you can see the subtleties and nuances that are important to observe when working with putty joints GCR.
The use of reinforcement tape
Making repairs in the apartment, Sooner or later every webmaster or the owner is faced with plasterboard, as well as the need for gypsum fiber tape for joints and junctions. This is a unique building material, since its application is widely:
- to align the walls and ceilings;
- multilevel ceilings;
- product arches, partitions, bar counters;
- the creation of the fireplace, niche, boxes;
- production of furniture.
Plasterboard has a perfectly flat surface, that is practical for finishing works. But, to proceed with the painting or wallpapering, Drywall should lead grouting.
Ribbon for GVL used to close joints drywall sheets. On the border of the sheet 2 have a small cavity, formed by chamfering beforehand made. This should seal the hollow-fiber reinforced tape. It serves as the:
- strengthened joint. During long-term operation of drywall is not deformed and do not crack. it, basically, It occurs due to temperature difference. Even, if the temperature jump is not much - just 5 degrees, This exposed gypsum surface.
- Outputs to a plaster surface perfectly flat.
- If the GCR attains a moisture, it expands, after drying decreases. Reinforced tape for plasterboard preserves the integrity of the coating. moisture changes can be in private homes, when it's spring or autumn, The house also becomes damp. GCR absorbs moisture. As the temperature increases the surface dries.
- Reinforced tape insert with a metal strip intended for drywall corners. It protects corners from cracks, as well as against mechanical impacts.
For sealing large cracks on the surface of the tape should be used "Kurt" for gypsum board. It is wider in size and therefore has a higher percentage of strength. Reinforcing Tape Kurt Drywall is also produced for the reinforcement of large joints.
Without the use of tape, construction of plasterboard last a short period of time. As a result, the deformation occurs, the surface is covered with cracks.
tape types for GVL
Build the market offers a variety of materials for drywall construction strength. Before, how to get to the drywall tape, should review its application, as well as the manufacturer.
Reinforcing tape for plasterboard have different types:
- serpyanka. One of the simplest and most common tapes for GCR. It is easy to install, practical application in. Appearance - mesh. cost - 65 rubles 1 roll.
- Paper - pervootkryvatelnitsy. It was she who first appeared in the construction market. Its main feature - it does not tear when wet. Another big plus in this tape - when installing the paper is not pulled. Because it is thin, the plasterboard surface is practically not required to align the paper tape after installation. The cost of the tape - 25 rubles for 1 roll.
- Metal inserts in the tape plasterboard. This tape is applied not only to the outer corners of drywall constructions, but also the inner corners, It is also required for reinforced structural strength.
- damper tape. It is also a tape for drywall. The ribbon is different from the others - it is made of foam polyurethane. It is used in basically the tape as a sealant. Since the belt has a layer of adhesive spread, difficulties in gluing no.
It is worth noting, that paper tape Knauf plasterboard has special, fine holes for air passage, which may fall under the paper while applying it to the surface.
With the use of reinforced tape, plaster surface or the product has a long shelf life - 10 years old.
Mix for grouting in drywall
For the reinforcement of the joint should be to choose the right mix. The applied material must be on the basis of plaster, have good adhesion.
Knauf Fugen - plaster made by experts for jointing gypsum boards. But, Sometimes it is used as an adhesive.
Knauf Uniflot - durable waterproof mixture. After drying, this filler does not absorb moisture, therefore it is a destination for rooms with high humidity. If you use putty reinforcing tape does not need. A mixture was also used to seal cracks in the surface of plasterboard.
Semin SE78 - "New Formula" is designed for sealing joints in drywall construction. It has sufficient strength, It does not crack when dry, well it reinforces the joints.
JS weber vetonit - polymer putty for sealing joints drywall. The maximum thickness of the applied putty to 5mm.
Volma Seam - Nonshrink putty mix, designed for reinforcing seams and patches on the drywall defects. The thickness of superimposed filler to 5mm.
Serpyanka is sold in rolls. This is a sticky bandage. The tape is made of glass filaments with, which gives it durability and practicality. Knauf tape for plasterboard is of high quality, many positive reviews masters.
- Grouting of drywall constructions.
- Eliminate cracks appeared. In order that the crack was not increased in length over the surface, to apply tape.
- On the borders of the ceiling tiles.
- Strengthening of the interior angles of transition of wall and ceiling.
With all the positive characteristics serpyanku, there is one drawback - when a heavy load on it - is stretching.
First, it is clear, for joints using special plaster coating with high resistance to cracking. Knauf recommends using the putty for repairing cracks Uniflot it has resistance and strength, but the cost often deters. Therefore, it is often replaced by Fugenfyuller whose price is much cheaper.
How to seal joints on drywall? By following a step by step sealing joints do not take a long time, special skills and costs for thrust physical labor.
It requires careful surface preparation. It is the joint from dust and small pieces of drywall. Further, Clean and dry the surface to cap the primer.
How to glue the ribbon on drywall? there is 2 serpyanku installation method.
If the tape is sticky, then:
- It should take the tape and align its center with the junction of plasterboard on the wall. Cast tape should be carefully and slowly, that it is not "left" in the direction.
- Sticking tape to the joint, it is necessary to push the edge of the well to the bottom.
- For convenience, the tape is cut into pieces 1 meter.
- after bonding, serpyanku should be covered putties, allow time to dry.
If the tape has no adhesive layer, sealing of joints in drywall is as follows:
- On the surface of the primer layer is applied by puttying Knauf is Uniflot or Fugen. Thickness 1mm.
- Crude putty put serpyanka, in this way, to its center coincides with the junction.
- Serpyanka bit trampled into putty. This can be done using a narrow spatula. Wherein, when pressed against the edge of the tape, the remnants of putty "climbs". They were immediately required to remove.
- After bonding the tape, plaster should be slightly congeal. On top of the belt layer overlaps another putties, he had already closed and the tape, place fasteners gypsum board.
When installing the reinforced tape requires, to humidity in the room was a fair price. When moisture plasterboard attains a water and moisture while putting this tape can not withstand the stretching.
after drying,, fine sandpaper the entire surface is polished proshpaklevat, removed all defects.
Paper tape for drywall seams are not lost its relevance today, when the market system, there are many other restorative materials for drywall. The tape is applied to the repair work, because it has many advantages:
- The fineness of the tape allows after its gluing to quickly level the surface.
- When mounted on the surface is wet proshpaklevat tape retains its functionality.
- Paper tape masters consider budget, because its price is relatively low.
- To use the tape does not need to apply special mixtures and materials.
Temperature conditions should be kept at installation works within the framework of the +18 to +25 degrees. At too high a temperature, dry indoor air, and low - high humidity.
How to glue paper tape on the drywall joints?
Paper tape is used for finishing drywall joints, for eliminate cracks. To crack did not increase, it clean, making a slight indentation. After hruntuyut. After drying should apply a thin layer of glue fillers and paper tape. If air is trapped inside, bubble should pierce the needle, air will.
Before, how to start to fix the tape you want to check the strength of drywall constructions. At the slightest movement of the GCR, Tape will not help in the strength of.
To reinforce the joints of GCR:
- All seams should be covered with drywall primer.
- After drying, the tape needs to be wetted for strength.
- On thin layer overlaps the joint filler, and from above by a narrow spatula glued tape.
- All the work is left to dry completely.
- After the elapsed time you want to check, as a glued tape and apply another top layer of putty material.
- The final step is unnecessary smoothing roughness and relief from excess filler.
When carried out installation work, reinforcement tape should be no drafts. Open windows and doors is better to close.
Paper tape Knauf has strength and durability. It does not break and does not extend under certain loads.
Belt with metal inserts.
Ribbon with the metal insert for reinforcing plasterboard knauf not used to eliminate cracks and joints for reinforcement, it is designed to GCR angles. Robust, can withstand not only a change of drywall during temperature changes, but also the mechanical stress on the outer corners. The metal strip is made of a material, intractable corrosion.
How to glue the ribbon on drywall?
- And purified on primed angle should attach tape.
- Center the tape must exactly match the angle.
- Since the tape has an adhesive layer, it does not need putty for bonding.
- The tape should be glued slowly, watching center.
- Since the gypsum structure angles equal, and the edges of the tape will fall exactly. They need good press to the surface.
On top of the tape should be covered with putty "Finish", at the same time close the place drywall fasteners to the metal frame.
In this video posted details of the reinforcing tape, as well as the nuances of the work.