By finishing in the corners of the apartment should be used in cases, when small children grow up in a family or keeping animals. Since the finishing plaster mixture does not have great strength, they are destroyed when exposed to light.
Especially often are destroyed outside corners. On wallpapered corners often appear dents, have stained the corners appear notch.
To protect the corners requires special devices and techniques, protect the corners from breaking.
immediately, we note, corners finishing process in an apartment is a difficult and crucial stage. A flat surface is much easier to get, than to align the angles. Next, look at ways to protect the corners of the walls in the apartment and the house from damage
When you want to finish the corners?
Finishing corners in the apartment is suitable if you are installing in the corners of the rectangular furniture. angular alignment eliminates distortions, It allows harmoniously placed rectangular furniture.
For large imbalances is not necessary to resort to the equalization of angles, because the useful floor space is reduced when leveling, but possibly beat rock.
What material is better suited to protect the corners
In all corners of the room are divided into internal and external.
And if before the inner corners difficult to reach, the outer corners are affected more often, and not only from the careless movement of heavy household appliances or furniture.
Angles scratch animals, and the children they often stand in the way.
often for finishing corners using plastic, metal, wooden corners, Special galvanized steel profiles, decorative rock.
At the plastic parts of the extensive range of colors. They have increased softness, varying degrees of roughness.
the question: "How to decorate the corners of the walls in the apartment?», best answer below given article.
Consider all the materials and accessories, used to protect the corners of the walls.
Under materials means the use of drywall, and as the use of metal devices, wood, expanded polystyrene parts, over PVC.
Aligning corners is one of the most difficult stages of finishing the interior, requires theoretical knowledge, extensive practical experience.
Protection of wall corners by installing special devices. In the corners of the different materials are most often used as a protection wall corners.
The most common protection angles are set corners of PVC. Plastic corners should be installed after all the finishing works.
Plastic corners are mounted on the wall using the mounting glue products from plastic. Plastic corners are available in lengths 2.5 m. The width of the corners is different, from narrow to wide.
To choose the right corner of the width, you should measure the angle of curvature. At high curvature corners preferable to choose a larger width.
Narrow angles are used in almost exactly the corners. For beginners, we recommend you opt for the average width of the corners.
The most common - plastic corners to protect the corners of the walls. Do not think, what such protection looks wretched. In any case, no worse, than frayed corners. Just plastic is different in appearance - polished, with metallic effect, with satin (matt) surface, with various relief. understandably, that in order, to find something specific or special, have to run around hardware stores and markets. But there are many types of design. If the corners to protect the corners of the walls are selected correctly, they fit seamlessly into the design, absolutely not attracting attention. At the same time, they protect and decorate the joints very reliably.
The most common and inexpensive way, is the use of plastic parts of various sizes and colors. When choosing, pay attention to the correct angle, the correct formation of the angle to the wall depends on it.
- 1.Plastic corners are mounted on pre-prepared surface. If needed, glue or remove old wallpaper with a knife.
- 2.Apply glue on the inner surface of the corner 10-20 mm. Glue is applied dotted.
- 3.When the glue reaches the desired viscosity (Follow the instructions on the glue), attach to the plastic corner protected corner and fix the top masking tape.
- 4.In place of liquid nails may use colorless silicone.
There is another option, how to glue the corners on the wall with wallpaper, painting. You can use double-sided tape. Stick it to the corner first, then, having removed a sheeting, push to the corner. There are corners, to which the adhesive tape is already glued. Some types of foam rubber or plastic (usually flexible or universal).
If you don’t manage to find an acceptable color, and the corners in the apartment must be protected, pay attention to transparent plastic corners. They are of different types - hard, flexible, with different wall thickness.
If you want to not only protect the corners, but also fulfill decorative design angles in the apartment, use wood or polystyrene foam, polyurethane corners.
The surface of the polystyrene corners lends itself to staining. Profile corners created by pressing and produced in various forms.
Decorating the outside corners of the apartment with the help of expanded polystyrene corners justified in those areas, where a small cross-tenants.
Decorative corners of the styrofoam can not only protect the corners, but also perform decoration corners.
Mounting is possible on a special adhesive and the ordinary acrylic sealant.
Corners of wood
The main advantages of the wooden parts are:
- attractive appearance;
- environmental friendliness;
- possibility of creating a thread or decoration.
Corners of wood is an essential material for decorative corners in the apartment.
Not the best option to use wooden corners in rooms with high humidity.
Various options for decorative corners
- Rubber. Commonly used in hospitals or kindergartens.
- Foam rubber. Same as rubber, but softer. Suitable for protection against injuries of too active children.
- from MDF. Allows you to set the desired angle.
- Duropolymer angle.
Transparent silicone corners
Attractive and flexible material, which found its application in the decoration of the corners of the bathroom. High resistance to water allows you to use the product in the humid environment of this room. At the same time, the corners themselves are flexible, which allows you to mount them even on uneven surfaces.
Stone as a means of decoration
Recently, the use of stone became fashionable in interior decoration. Especially organic decoration stone looks while protecting external corners.
The use of stone is particularly relevant, when the outer corners have large deviations from the geometrical form. No need to align walls and corners.
Just note! Better to use decorative stone. He and lighter natural. A smooth surface makes maintenance easier.
Mounted stone with a special mortar or adhesive plitochnog.
By stacking a decorative stone surface should be prepared,
of dirt, dust, old coating and primed.
If the surface is very dry, or you perform work at a temperature of + 30C or higher, it should always moisturize.
This is necessary for better adhesive adhesion. .
The glue is prepared in accordance with the attached instructions in quantities, which you can use while working. adhesive properties are maintained for 2 hours.
Cooking glue is better in a plastic container using a drill with a mixer-nozzle. After stirring the glue held for a few minutes and thoroughly thwarted.
consumption of glue. On 1 m² area require at least 6 kg solution. How many tile adhesive, you will need help to learn online calculator.
On the back side of the stone solution was applied with a spatula, tile edges coated with a solution of. On the wall surface is applied several lozenges solution and applied stone.
The stone with the force pressed against the surface, checked plumb and level correctness of its installation.
Having laid a stone in three rows, stop the work. Glue two hours hardens completely. This allows you to continue laying the following 3 rows.
Non-compliance with the requirements of step 6 will lead to the collapse of structures under its own weight.
Plasterboard with finishing corners
The use of gypsum boards GCR aligns any, most corners curves.
To mount plasterboard sheet there are two ways: frameless, framed.
way of 1
Frameless installation of gypsum boards used in both the domestic, and external corners:
- performed surface preparation;
- is applied to the surface of a sheet of drywall, and is labeled;
- on the other hand the angle is applied as a sheet and is labeled;
- knife cut blank and being made a plane gouge mating angles plasterboard;
- gypsum boards prepared preform again applied to the corner, and adjusted;
- into sheets applied foam;
- both applied to the preform wall and pressed;
- sheets are removed, leaving traces on the wall of foam;
- re-applied on the sheets foam;
- foam is necessary to give a little dry and attach sheets in place;
- will adjust the angle, using a wooden rail or building level.
In details on the slopes of the windows.
How to fix the corners on the walls?
Ideally, of course to form a corner even at the stage of repair when puttying or plastering. The formation of the angle at the stage of rough work is carried out in the following order:
- 1.With the help of the building corner should be to measure the deflection angle.
- 2.Kneaded solution of the desired consistency of putty dry mixture.
- 3.The solution was applied to a conventional trowel, flatten corner, giving the corner a rectangular appearance.
- 4.After drying angle, attach a plastic perforated angle and close it putties.
- 5.When the layer is completely dry, produce abrasive polishing surface mesh.
way of 2
Carcass method recommended in cases of large curvature surface.
This method is more time-consuming, but can significantly improve the sound- and thermal insulation:
- necessary to measure the angle deviation;
- set the framework, using galvanized steel profiles, fixing them with dowels, screws;
- mounted on the frame of gypsum board and is attached with screws;
- the resulting surface puttied, polished;
- corner protected by perforated mesh.
If you plan on mounting frame made of wood required to treat pieces of wood preservative, protects wood from mold and parasites.
For more information on types and installation of PVC panels.
- proposed ways to trim the outer corners can be combined not only in one apartment, but in the same room;
- easy finish drywall corners require additional expenses;
- the most expensive material for protection and decoration design corners - an artificial stone;
- trim angles in the corners of the apartment allows you to make room not only a finished appearance, but to protect the corners from damage.
|Plastic||Not afraid of moisture, easy to fix, you can paint if desired (or immediately buy your favorite color).||Cheap plastic deforms easily and fades when exposed to direct sunlight, and there is also a risk of cracking due to serious mechanical stress.|
|Silicone corners||Lasting, not afraid of mechanical impact, can bend, making it suitable for decorating arched openings.||transparent corners of the honeycomb time may fade.|
|MDF||Wood look panels, low cost.||Does not tolerate moisture. low strength.|
|Wood||A wide range of choice, gives elegance to the interior.||The naturalness of the material affects the cost, in addition, such material is easily flammable and does not tolerate contact with moisture.|
|A rock||The highest strength of all options.||Installation has sophisticated technology, material is heavy and difficult to process.|
|Galvanized Metal Profile||used, if you need to align the external corners of the room, window or doorways. Not afraid of contact with moisture or direct sunlight, light weight.||Difficult to handle.|