- What is an anchor
- Types of anchors for drywall
- Dowel nail for fixing the profile name
- Variants of fasteners in GVL
- The action of "Butterfly" for drywall
- Molly screw fixing (MOLLY)
- DRIVA dowel with a drill
- Fixing KNAUF Hartmut
- Universal dowel Fischer
- Plug with spring ceiling mount
- Features of the installation
The repair work is often used as the main surface of the plasterboard. It is made dropped ceilings, septa, aligned walls. GCR has many advantages over other surfacing materials. But, there is one big disadvantage - the fragility. To get round this disadvantage, many companies produce fasteners - dowels for plasterboard structures. Thanks to these mountings can be hung on the wall of the FCL and the shelf and a large picture.
What is an anchor
If necessary fix to the plasterboard wall painting heavy, attached to the wall TV, hang the chandelier, need special fasteners, by which the surface will not deform, and the object is in its place, while performing their duties. These fasteners are anchors.
Another purpose is a dowel fixing plasterboard construction elements during assembly. Fixing components frame for gypsum board is performed quickly and efficiently.
Dowel for gypsum plasterboard has different forms in appearance. Depending on the purpose it is made of materials, able to implement functions without defect.
How to distinguish dowels intended? How does the fixation fasteners?
Types of anchors for drywall
This fixture is used in many repair and construction works. Drywall there are some kinds of, which will create fixing strength, whereby the surface will remain untouched.
Dowel nail for fixing the profile name
The most popular building dowel nail for fixing profiles and hangers to the concrete wall consists of 2 parts. First part: tip - contains 2 sections, it is made from plastic. The second part is the nail, in which thread can be applied. For rack mounting under the drywall used dowel-nails sizes 6/40, 6/60. To fix the guide profile to the wall fixings applicable data. but, for fastening the hangers required to apply a metal anchor, since the suspension lies a big load, that the nylon plug is not able to stand because of its technical characteristics.
On plastic parts are cirri. They straighten the sides when the tip enters the nail. The antennae are fixed in concrete (brick) wall, wherein the weight-hang firmly hold the object. The main base of the use of fasteners is to fix profiles to the unfinished base during mounting frame for gypsum board.
These dowel-nail for plasterboard have 2 type - normal and restrictive cuff, which makes metal nails "fail" inside.
|Name||Number of pieces in a pack, PC.|
|Impact screw 6*40 mushroom cap||100, 200|
|Impact screw 6*60 mushroom cap||100|
|Impact screw 6*60 Nye secretly shlyapka||100|
|Impact screw 6*80 countersunk head||100|
|Impact screw 8*60 countersunk head||100|
|Impact screw 8*80 countersunk head||50|
|Impact screw 8*100 countersunk head||50|
|Impact screw 8*120 countersunk head||50|
Variants of fasteners in GVL
Next, look at the most popular options and that can be spun into a gypsum plasterboard, to secure the various elements of the decor.
The easiest option - is to find a guide profile with a magnet in his screwdriver to tighten the screw steel. If this fails then it is necessary to resort to using special hardware in the plasterboard sheet.
The most common in the works, associated with plasterboard, It is the anchor "butterfly». On the exterior it has a butterfly with spread wings. The main fastener manufacturing material - polypropylene. Also on sale there are metal products.
The action of "Butterfly" for drywall
Initially, a drill hole is the right size. To want to insert the plastic part of the dowels. To this end, the side elements are pressed to the center, dowel hammered hammer. This should be done carefully. Then this part is screwed into the screw. At the time of mounting the screw discloses polypropylene part on the back side surface of the plasterboard (as if the wings are straightened in hand). They run into the GCR, thus there is rigidly fixed and hinged on the weight distribution on the surface, No point load.
Dowel-butterfly has a distinctive feature - it is possible to dismantle the fastening of plasterboard surface.
The butterfly has a different size. Their selection depends on the weight of the subject:
- The size 8/28. Apply the active dowel for fixing lightweight construction. Screws "butterfly" must be purchased separately. For such a suitable size of the largest screw 3.5 / 35mm. Covering screws absolutely unimportant. Hole for drill anchors is made size 8 mm. Inserted fastener is lock, that does not give the butterfly completely "fail" inside.
- The size 10/50. Inside the wings of the dowels have 2 planochky, which give added strength when fixing to the rear of the base. This butterfly can withstand weight 24 kg. For the size of the butterfly 10 * 50sleduet buy screws 3.5 / 55mm. The opening of the butterfly is required to 10mm.
Molly screw fixing (MOLLY)
MOLLY Dowel for plasterboard is used in the case of, if required on the surface to fix a heavy object. It is perhaps the most reliable fastening.
In its structure, Molly Unlike plastic dowels fully metal frame. The material is galvanized or stainless steel. It consists of the dowel bushings and screws. The second part is sometimes chosen by yourself, depending on the assigned functions - it can be the end of a head, rings, the hook.
The sleeve has a slit through the whole element, this creates a spacer portion. In the center of the sleeve has a thread for a screw. When you purchase a single screw should pay attention to this.
screws, go into the set has the support washer, which is a kind of constraint - without her mount in the spacer of the scrolls.
For mounting dowels, Molly require special spreader device.
- It is required to make a hole in the size of the plane, matched to the dimensions of the dowels 8 to 13mm.
- Further, the hole is inserted into the sleeve (elected). Hammered it until the teeth on it are against the surface.
- Thereafter, the screw is screwed.
- Special pliers must be pulled outwardly screw. This action end of the collet is pulled to the rear side surface, spacer part and fixed triggered.
Depending on Molly sizes have different weight classes. Basically katirovka comes from 25 to 75 kg. on a plaster surface with the help of dowel can be hung up to 30kg. weight.
Dowel presented in more detail in the photo
DRIVA dowel with a drill
Dowel made of 2 kinds of material: Plastic and metal.
Plastic dowels a little cheaper metal. For their production is used polyethylene or nylon Stamps tt 22. This fixing can withstand up to 25 kg. weight.
Metal driva made of duralumin. It is not as popular as the product of nylon for one reason - price policy. This plug makes 35kg. weight.
dowel (both types) It has a lock, as well as the screw-thread-angled profile.
To fix the fasteners need to make a hole 6mm. but, If the thickness of the gypsum board 12.5 and less, then the hole is not necessary. There dowel screwed with a screwdriver to-head retainer. This plug must be screwed screw.
The length of the nylon dowel 23mm, metal - 44mm.
Fixing KNAUF Hartmut
This plug has 4 components:
- anchor strap - galvanized plate is a U-shaped;
- there is 2 napravlyayuschyh Usyk, made of plastic;
- locking plastic insert part;
- screw M5-60.
KNAUF Hartmut able to withstand the weight of 55kg. In most cases, this plug is intended for heavy items on the wall of plasterboard. It is equipped with a wide screen, in the kitchen - the regiment with the dishes, in the bathroom cabinet for bathroom accessories.
For the installation of anchors is a corresponding hole in the wall GVL. In this gap is inserted a plate using antennal. When the U-shaped part has come into the opening, tendrils break off. Inside screw screwed.
Universal dowel Fischer
This anchor consists of a plastic cylinder and comprises a sleeve. Side lobes are located, but also a powerful trailer. Inside dowel threaded to the screw. Dimensions dowels: length - 27mm., 12.5mm diameter.
For installation Fissher drywall is a hole, diameter coinciding with the sleeve 12mm. Fissher made inserted into the hole and snap fastened screw 6*50. In vkruchyvanyy screw Almost to the end, Pressure begins at the conical part of the sleeve. In the end, Under the influence of pressure on the screw, sleeve disclosed in different directions blades, are pressed against the back side sheet GCR.
For small to medium loads suitable Universal plug UX. This unique shape makes it suitable for mounting to drywall and other building materials.
When attaching the sheet to a standard 12.5mm GCR. mounted, let's, 8mm thick plate. when m is the rear side drywall screw went to 27mm length. it shows that a sheet of gypsum plasterboard must be empty space 30mm.
Weight, withstand dowel - 16kg.
Plug with spring ceiling mount
This type of fixture is designed for light weight. It consists of several constituents:
- base - a screw with a hook;
- spacer component - 2 planochky;
- spring retainer bars.
It is required to make a hole. It entered anchor with clamping blades. Once the strips have gone abroad drywall constructions, Spring fires and strips are straightened, thereby fixed on the other side of the GCR.
This plug is designed primarily for hanging decorations and chandeliers.
If you want to hang a heavy object, it is recommended to use a special metal anchor and mount it directly in concrete.
Features of the installation
Insofar as drywall sheets fragile by nature, required accuracy in work with power tools, as well as knowing the correct mounting dowels.
- To create a hole in the drywall construction is not necessary to apply the hammer.
- If a plaster surface ceramic tiles, It needs to make a hole with a diameter equal to the dowel. In this case, the drill is used with a special tip (pobeditovym).
- Before installing the anchors need to get acquainted with its specifications. Each corresponds to a certain fasteners shutter weight. If the object weighs more, than can withstand element, then, probably, It may be in the wall or on the ceiling plaster hole appears.
- metal dowels are more expensive than plastic, nylon. But they have a long service life, and do not deform when inserted into the surface. What often happens with plastic fasteners.
- To practicality dowel mounting is visible, it should be fixed in the profile. frame member is easy to find with the help of an ordinary magnet.
When selecting and purchasing dowels should pay attention to all the little details, its specifications, the material from which it is produced.
In addition, we recommend to watch the video on choosing the best fasteners for drywall.