Evaluation of the volume of space is often required in the production of construction and repair work. In most cases, it is required to specify the amount of material, necessary to carry out repairs, and for selecting effective heating or air conditioning system. quantitative characteristics, describing space, usually, require some simple calculations and measurements.
1. The simplest case - when you want to determine the volume of right rectangular or square shape of the room. When using a tape measure in meters length and width of walls, as well as the height of the room. The most convenient way to carry out measurements on the floor, along baseboards. Multiply the length of the figures obtained, width, height and you get the desired amount.
2. If the room has an irregular or complex shape, task is a bit more complicated. Divide the floor area a few simple figures (rectangles, squares, semicircles, etc.) and calculate the area of each of them, producing pre-measurement. Fold the values obtained, summing area. Multiply the sum of the height of premises. The measurements should be carried out in the same units, eg, in meters.
3. During construction works defining the scope of the entire structure is defined by the standards. The so-called construction volume of the ground part of the building with an attic can be calculated, multiplying the horizontal cross-sectional area at the outer side at the level of the lower floor. Measure the total height of the building from the finished floor level to the top of the attic floor insulation. Multiply both values.
4. In the presence of different floor areas total space in the building, determine, add the amount of all parts. Likewise determined volume, if the premises have different shape and design.
5. Separately calculate the volume of verandas, bay windows, vestibules and other auxiliary elements constructions (except for the indoor and outdoor balconies). Include this information in the total volume of all building premises. Thus, you can easily find the amount of any premises or building, calculations are quite simple, try and be careful.
room volume formula
Calculator wall or floor area
Insert the dimensions of the room and get the result.